Frequently Asked Questions
If we agree to host an As We Pray online gathering, what do we do next?
Our goal is to provide you with all the support you will need right up to the day of the gathering. After we receive your commitment form, here is what will take place:
- The Parent Relations Office will contact you regarding your commitment to host an As We Pray gathering and answer any specific questions. In addition, we’ll be communicating with you throughout the planning time.
- Your event’s day and time information will be posted on a special Find a Gathering webpage on the Taylor website. Attendees will be given your Zoom link only when they register.
- Taylor families will receive a postcard-magnet in January promoting As We Pray and asking them to visit the As We Pray website to find an event near them.
- Families will RSVP their attendance to Taylor, thus eliminating your involvement in that process.
- Further promotion of the event will be done by the Parent Relations office through the monthly e-newsletter, Perspectives, and through special As We Pray e-mails.
- You will receive information in February, including a list of attendees and prayer requests.
- We will ask that you send to Taylor a list of actual attendees, so that we have a record of who attended.
Where are you looking to host As We Pray gatherings?
Because online participation is only limited by time zones and internet service, we are especially interested in hosts from around the US and the world.
What if we are unsure of the date and/or time, but we would like to host?
On the commitment form, choose the option Time TBD. We will need to know date and time by late January.
How many people will be attending the gathering?
Attendance will be limited by your Zoom access limitations. Please let the Parent Relations office know when you RSVP. We will communicate on the As We Pray website if you are no longer accepting RSVPs for your event.
How long will the event last?
It is suggested that the event last about 45 to 60 minutes, with about 5 minutes for introductions, at least 30 minutes for prayer and 5 minutes for closing.
Can we send out personal invitations to families in our area?
Even though location will not dominate online events other than by time zones, you are welcome to personally invite families in your area. In prior years, participation did increase for those hosts who sent out personal invitations. Please let the Parent Relations Office know about your interest no later than February 10, and we will send you a list of names and email addresses. Contact Joyce Wood, Senior Director of Parent and Community Relations, with any questions.