Office of Intercultural Programs
The Office of Intercultural Programs (OIP) exist to meet the needs of American minoritized students, international students, missionary kids (MKs), and third culture kids (TCKs) at Taylor University. OIP works to cultivate a safe and welcoming environment that also provides educational and experiential opportunities for all students, staff, and faculty. Our programs and events promote cultural and racial reconciliation, global engagement and highlight the Imago Dei in every person.
We are committed to providing an environment where:
- Students are developed to be Christ-centered servant leaders
- Students are assured support and advocacy relative to their unique concerns
- Students are being prepared for the future by interacting with a diverse community
- Positive, respectful, and meaningful dialogue regarding issues of diversity is encouraged
- The recruitment, retention, and graduation of American minoritized students, international students, MKs, and TCKs is supported
OIP provides leadership training and advises ten student and scholar organizations:
- Act Six Scholarship Program
- Asian Society for Intercultural Awareness (ASIA)
- Black Student Union (BSU)
- Cultural Diversity Scholarship (CDS)
- Latino Student Union (LSU)
- Middle East Collegiate Association (MECA)
- Multi-Ethnic Student Association (MESA)
- MuKappa (Missionary kids organization)
- International Student Society (ISS)
- Voices of Praise Gospel Choir
OIP is committed to enriching the Taylor community by implementing programs that encourage positive, respectful, and meaningful dialogue regarding diversity issues. We believe all Taylor students are better prepared for the future by interacting with a diverse global community.
Questions About OIP?
Students with questions or concerns can contact: