Student Consumer Information

For any questions or concerns on this information, please contact the office of institutional research, (765) 998-4627.

  • Accreditation and Academic Programs

    Taylor University is accredited by the Higher Learning Commission (HLC)(ph. 312.263.0456) - AQIP, the Council on Social Work Education, the Council for the Accreditation of Educator Preparation-Indiana, and the Indiana Professional Standards Board and the music program is accredited by the National Association of Schools of MusicComputer Engineering and Engineering Physics programs are accredited by the Engineering Accreditation Commission of ABET since 2007. Also, Taylor University's Business Program is accredited by the Accreditation Council for Business Schools and Programs since 2016.

    Academic Quality Improvement Program (AQIP)

    "The HLC's Academic Quality Improvement Program (AQIP) infuses the principles and benefits of continuous improvement into the culture of colleges and universities by providing an alternative process through which an already-accredited institution can maintain its accreditation. An institution in AQIP demonstrates how it meets accreditation standards and expectations through a sequence of events that align with the ongoing activities of an institution striving to improve its performance.

    Based upon principles common to high performance organizations, AQIP draws from a variety of initiatives and programs - Total Quality Management (TQM), continuous improvement (CI), Six Sigma, ISO 9000 registration, state and national quality awards, and others. Many of AQIP's quality principles - focusing on key processes, basing decisions on data, decentralizing control, empowering faculty and staff to make the decisions that directly affect their work -have long been traditions in higher education, although their form and the breadth of their practice in particular institutions may vary greatly."

    As an AQIP institution, Taylor is dedicated to high performance and to our stakeholders. Additional information about AQIP, continuous improvement and accountability activities, as well as a record of Taylor's current AQIP Action Projects are available at HLC/AQIP. View Accreditations and Memberships for a complete list of accreditation documents maintained and available for review, upon request, at the office of the Provost (765) 998-5200.

    Academic Programs

    Information concerning Taylor University's academic programs is found in the academic catalog and, for distance learning degrees and courses, visit Taylor University Online. Transfer of credit policies are available on below or by contacting the Office of the Registrar at (765) 998-5129 or Currently, Taylor has no articulation agreements with any other university.

    Taylor University prepares teachers for initial state certification and provides an annual report to the state. This report can be accessed at Title II and Title II Transition to Teaching. Information about academic and other physical plant facilities that relate to the academic program are found here, and information about faculty and other instructional personnel can be obtained from the academic catalog, and distance learning.

  • Alcohol and Drug Policies

    Taylor campuses are drug, alcohol and tobacco free. Additionally, all students and employees willingly agree to the responsibilities and expectations for Taylor community life, as identified by the Life Together Covenant found in the Student Handbook and in the Master Policy Handbook.

  • Athletic Participation Rates and Financial Support

    In compliance with the Equity in Athletics Disclosure Act, information about the intercollegiate athletic program is available here. The report includes the number of participants by gender for each team and a list of varsity teams, and also includes duplicated participant headcount, total operating expenses, head coach gender with time status as coach and as employee of institution, number and gender of assistant coaches and their time status as coach and as employee of institution. Total revenues and expenditures, total money spent on athletically related student aid, average salaries for coaches and assistant coaches and total expenses are also included. A copy of the report is available online at the U.S. Department of Education Office of Postsecondary Education Equity in Athletics Disclosure website . A paper copy is also available by contacting the office of institutional research at (765) 998-4627.

  • Campus Security / Missing Persons

    In the event of an emergency or catastrophic disaster, Taylor's Emergency and Health Services (EHS) mobilizes its resources to provide basic aid and medical services to the campus community in conjunction with local, state, and federal government assistance.

    In the Student Right to Know Report section of this page, Taylor provides the annual Security and Fire Safety Report, which includes emergency response and evacuation procedures and crime statistics for Taylor University for the last 3 years (phased in after 2010). Also included in the report are the Missing Student Notification policies and procedures, as well as campus sexual assault prevention programs.

    Paper copies of the annual Security Report are available upon request from the Office of Institutional Research or by calling (765) 998-4627. Taylor's Emergency & Health Services webpage also hosts information provided by the state concerning registered sex offenders and hosts the Fire Safety Report. Beginning fall 2011, the Annual Security Report and Fire Safety Report are combined, and called Annual Security and Fire Safety Reports. The Crime Log and Fire Log can be viewed, upon request, at the Taylor University Police Department or by calling (765) 998-5395.

  • Copyright Infringement and Peer-to-Peer Sharing Policies and Sanctions

    The following links provide information about Taylor University's policies and sanctions related to copyright infringement. Taylor's policies with respect to unauthorized peer-to-peer file sharing, including disciplinary actions taken against students who engage in illegal downloading or unauthorized distribution of copyrighted materials using the institution's information technology system can be reviewed in the Taylor copyright policy. In addition, unauthorized distribution of copyrighted materials, including unauthorized peer-to-peer file sharing may subject students to civil and criminal liabilities. A summary of the penalties for violation of federal copyright laws can be found in the Federal Student Aid Handbook or on Taylor's Financial Aid page.

    You can also view Zondervan Library's Copyright & Fair Use Guide here.

  • Financial Aid

    Taylor's financial aid website includes information about the following:

    For further information, contact Tim Nace, director of financial aid (765) 998-5358 or

  • General Information

    All institutions participating in Title IV, HEA Student Financial Aid Programs annually provide required data to NCES in IPEDS. The U.S. Department of Education's National Center for Education Statistics has created the College Navigator tool in order to provide easily accessible comparative information and data to consumers. For a summary view of the most recent fall information and statistics, including student body diversity, gender, ethnicity and race, age and admissions data, and much more, refer to Taylor Facts. Students at Taylor stay very busy; please visit the Student Life section of the Taylor website for more information.

    Common Data Set

    The CDS is a set of standards and definitions of data. The combined goal of this collaboration among data providers in higher education and guidebook publishers is to improve the quality and accuracy of information provided to all involved in a student's transition into higher education, as well as to reduce the reporting burden on data providers. This goal is attained by the development of clear, standard data items and definitions in order to determine a specific cohort relevant to each item. Data items and definitions used by the U.S. Department of Education in its higher education surveys often serve as a guide in the continued development of the CDS.

    Common Data Set 2017-18

    Common Data Set 2016-17

    Common Data Set 2015-16

    Common Data Set 2014-15

    Common Data Set 2013-14

    Common Data Set 2012-13

    Common Data Set 2011-12

    Common Data Set 2010-11

  • Placement of Graduates and Career Information

    Taylor University offers career development services to students. A Graduate Report is prepared annually by the Calling and Career Office that provides post-graduation information for Taylor graduates transitioning from college, upon completion of their baccalaureate degree. Report data are collected about 6 months after graduation, including graduate and professional programs attended, employment status, and employers.

  • Refund Policy/Withdrawal Requirements

    Taylor University’s refund, withdrawal and return of Title IV/HEA financial aid policies are found on the Financial Aid Forms and Documents webpage, under the heading Policies and Procedures.  If applicable, Taylor University Online policies can be found here.

  • Retention Rate and Completion/Graduation Rates

    Retention and institutional graduation rates for full-time undergraduates can be viewed in the table below. Comparative data, with gender and ethnicity/race are provided at Integrated Postsecondary Education Data System. Graduation rates for students receiving athletically related financial aid and Graduation rates by financial assistance group, can be viewed at the financial aid website.

    Contact office of institutional research (765) 998-4627 or the financial aid office (765) 998-5358 with questions.


    Retention and Graduation Rates

















































  • Student Privacy (FERPA)

    The Family Educational Rights and Privacy Act (FERPA) (20 U.S.C. § 1232g; 34 CFR Part 99) is a Federal law that protects the privacy of student education records. The law applies to all schools that receive funds under an applicable program of the U.S. Department of Education. FERPA gives parents certain rights with respect to their children's education records. These rights transfer to the student when he or she reaches the age of 18 or attends a school beyond the high school level. Students to whom the rights have transferred are "eligible students."

    For types of information Taylor has designated as directory information and for procedures for reviewing education records, requesting amendments, file complaints with DOE, visit the office of the registrar. If you any questions about your rights under FERPA, contact the office of the registrar at (765) 998-5129 or

  • Student Right to Know Reports

    We have put on-line a copy of the Taylor University's Student Right to Know information for the Upland Campus. We encourage you to browse the documents and take note of the information which Taylor University makes available in accordance with federal regulations.

    2017 Reports

    2016 Reports

    2015 Reports

    If you have additional questions, please use the contact information included in the document.  If you have general questions regarding Right to Know, please contact us.

  • Students with Disabilities Services

    Taylor University complies with the federal mandates outlined in Section 504 of the Rehabilitation Act of 1973 and the Americans with Disabilities Act of 1990. Taylor University accepts students who are able to engage in college level studies and who meet the admission criteria. In accordance with its mission statement, Taylor provides students who have disabilities with services necessary to give them equal access to academic programs and participation in the total Taylor experience. Students with disabilities who wish to receive support services should contact the coordinator of academic support services in the Academic Enrichment Center (765) 998-5523. Services may include assistance with note taking, alternative testing, or other accommodations deemed reasonable and necessary by qualified professionals. A student requesting services should provide documentation of a disability in order to receive any services. For further information, refer to the handbook for Students with Disabilities.

  • Transfer Credit Policy

    New Students 

    To receive credit for course work earned at other accredited universities, new students should request that college transcripts be sent directly to the Office of Admissions at Taylor University. These transcripts are then forwarded to the Office of the Registrar for transfer credit evaluation; a copy of the evaluation is sent to the student. The Registrar evaluates courses for general education, elective credit, and confers with the appropriate department chair to have major or minor courses evaluated for transfer credit. Course descriptions and syllabi may be required in order to evaluate transfer courses. 

    Current Students

    After enrolling at Taylor, students who plan to take a course at another university during the summer or during a semester‘s absence, and wish to transfer credit to apply toward a degree must complete a transfer credit course approval form signed by the student‘s academic advisor, course department chair and the Registrar prior to enrolling in the course. The major or minor department chair‘s signature may be required if the course is a major/minor requirement. Upon completion of the course, students should request that transcripts be sent directly to the Office of the Registrar at Taylor.

    The guidelines for accepting transfer credit are as follows:

    • Taylor University reserves the right to accept or reject courses for transfer credit. Remedial or vocational courses are not transferable.
    • Accepting courses for transfer credit and applying them toward degree requirements are separate considerations. Courses that transfer as elective credit may not be applicable to specific requirements.
    • Only course work with a grade of C- or better will be accepted. Courses taken for a grade mode of pass, credit or satisfactory do not transfer unless the transcript indicates that the grade is equivalent to at least a C-. Although a minimum grade is required, grades do not transfer. The student‘s GPA is computed only on work offered by or through Taylor University.
    • Transfer credit will not be accepted and duplicate hours will not be awarded for equivalent courses previously earned with a grade of D- or better at Taylor. However, the grade on the transfer institution‘s transcript will be used to validate completion of the course to meet a curriculum requirement with the required grade. Students attempting to raise their cumulative GPAs must repeat the respective course(s) at Taylor.
    • A maximum of 64 hours of credit may be transferred from an accredited two-year college.
    • Credits transferred from an accredited four-year college may be accepted for transfer credit; however, lower-division (100-/200-level) or upper-division (300-/400-level) credit will be awarded based upon the Taylor equivalency course level.
    • The Director of Teacher Certification must approve courses that apply toward teacher certification.
    • Credit by examination (e.g. AP, CLEP, IB) recorded for a specific course on an official transcript must meet Taylor standards in order to be accepted as transfer credit. Procedures for acceptance of credit may be obtained from the Office of Academic Assessment. Departmental challenge exams from other institutions are not transferable.
    • Graduation honors are computed only on Taylor University course work.
    • Degree residency requirements: (1) students must complete 50 percent of the minimum degree hours at Taylor University [e.g., 64 of the minimum 128 hours required for the baccalaureate degree; 32 of the minimum 64 hours required for the associate degree]; (2) students must complete 50 percent of the major or minor hours at Taylor University; and (3) at least 22 of the last 30 hours must be taken at Taylor University.

    Transfer credit course approval forms are available through the Office of the Registrar.

    Transfer Credit Policy for Non-Taylor University Off-Campus/Study-Abroad Programs

    Taylor University invests considerable time, effort, and resources for the creation of off-campus/study-abroad programs consistent with the standards and educational objectives of the University and the needs of its students. Students wishing to receive credit from a study-abroad/off-campus program not offered through Taylor University are responsible for initiating the approval process prior to program application to ensure approval of the program and appropriate transfer of credits.

    Taylor University will not enter into a consortium agreement with any foreign or domestic college/university or study-abroad/off-campus agency for nonTaylor programs. No financial aid (federal, state, or institutional) will be awarded to students participating in non-Taylor programs.

    Students must be in good academic standing and meet the following policies as they plan for and participate in any non-Taylor University study-abroad/offcampus program: 

    • Taylor University recommends that students begin the program and course approval process one year prior to the anticipated enrollment in any non-Taylor studyabroad or off-campus program. Students should schedule an appointment with the Registrar to initiate the application process to meet all deadlines.
    • The study-abroad/off-campus program must be sponsored by other regionally accredited colleges or universities.
    • Transfer credit will be accepted only if prior approval has been granted by the academic department, Director of General Education, and Registrar. All course approvals must be finalized by March 1, for the following summer or fall semester, and October 1, for the following spring.
    • Course offerings and schedules are subject to change; Taylor University cannot guarantee that course changes will be accepted without the appropriate approvals prior to attending the program.
    • The sponsoring college/university must grant the credit and grade for each course. Upon completion of the approved course(s), an official transcript from the sponsoring college/university should be sent to the Office of the Registrar.
    • No more than 17 credit hours will be approved for semester-long programs.
    • No more than 12 hours (8 hours for graduating seniors) will be approved for a summer term.
    • Twenty-two (22) of the last 30 credit hours must be completed through Taylor University.
    • Fifty percent of the degree hours must be completed at Taylor University.
    • Fifty percent of the major/minor hours must be completed at Taylor University.

    Additional information concerning transfer credit policies is available from the Office of the Registrar

  • Vaccination Policies

    As of November 2015

    Health requirements for students at Taylor University exist primarily to protect the student body as a whole from infectious disease. Secondary goals are to have medical information at hand should a student need assistance from the health service.

    University Requirements:
    Policy provides that Taylor University shall prevent a student from beginning classes if they have not complied with certain requirements by the beginning of the student's second academic term. These requirements apply only to students who are registered for classes on the Taylor University Campus. Requirements are different for domestic students (those from the United States) and international students.

    Requirements are as follows:

    (Fees may apply)

    Domestic students
    Domestic students must have a completed physical. The history portion must be signed and dated by the student if he or she is 18 years of age or older. If the student is less than 18 year of age, it must be signed by his or her parent or guardian.

    Tuberculosis screening for the domestic student population is limited to those who are members of a high risk group, lived in a foreign country within the last 5 years or those are entering the health professions.

    Students must have a booster dose of Td (Tetanus and Diphtheria) or TdaP (Tetanus, Diphtheria, and Pertussis) within 10 years prior to admission. Td and TdaP are vaccines available at the health center.

    Students are required to have two doses of the MMR (Measles, Mumps, and Rubella) vaccine. These doses should be given after 12 months of age and separated by at least 28 days.

    The meningitis vaccine is another of the vaccines available at the health center. Students are encouraged to receive information about the meningitis vaccine and make a decision about whether they wish to receive the vaccine or not. Information regarding meningitis vaccine can be reviewed at the Centers for Disease Control Website. (This is a recommended immunization but not required.)

    State law and health center policy provide for an exemption from these requirements if the student provides a signed and dated statement expressing objection on religious grounds. If a student presents such a statement, and the student is over the age of 18, the statement must be signed and dated by the student. If the student is under the age of 18, the statement must be signed and dated by a parent or guardian, unless the student is emancipated. An exemption may also be granted for the following reasons; if a student presents written documentation that she is pregnant, if a student is in the process of completing a course of immunizations, or if the student submits a signed statement from a health care provider documenting a medical contraindication to an immunization.

    International students
    International graduate and undergraduate students must meet all the requirements listed above for domestic students. In addition, they must have a tuberculosis screening within the past year.  If needed, testing will be offered as part of orientation prior to beginning classes. The fee for testing will be assigned to the student being tested.

    Immunization records must be signed and dated by a health care professional and must have a legible name, address, and phone number of the source (doctor's office, school, etc.).

  • Voter Registration

    Taylor's Center for Student Leadership and Student Senate provides state voter registration and absentee ballot information, and also provides registration cards in residence halls. Questions can be directed to the Center for Student Leadership (765) 998-5104 or (765) 998-5305.

    The United States Election Assistance Commission provides the National Mail Voter Registration Form that can be used to register to vote, to update your registration information due to a change in name, make a change of address or to register with a political party. The national form also contains voter rules and regulations for each state and territory.